Kingsford – Breitung Township, Michigan (Dickinson County)
Kingsford is a city in Dickinson County in the U.S. state of Michigan, named for the developer Edward G. Kingsford. The population was 5,133 at the 2010 census. It is part of the Iron Mountain, MI–WI Micropolitan Statistical Area.
M-95 connects with US 2 and US 141 just a mile or so north in Iron Mountain. The road crosses the Menominee River into Wisconsin where it continues as County Road N in Florence County.
Breitung Charter Township is a charter township of Dickinson County in the U.S. state of Michigan. As of the 2010 census, the township population was 5,853, slightly down from 5,930 at the 2000 census. The township is named after Edward Breitung, a miner and U.S. Representative from Michigan.
Real Estate Stats:
- The average residential sale price in the last 5 years was $123,595.
- 607 MLS Residental Sold Listing in the last 5 years.
- Residential properties sold for 95.55% of the listing price.
- The average number of days that residential property was on the market is 137 days.
- Total Population: 5,133
- Median Age: 52.5 years old
- 51.80% Male
- 48.20% Female
According to the United States Census Bureau, the City of Kingsford has a total area of 4.58 square miles (11.86 km2), of which, 4.32 square miles (11.19 km2) is land and 0.26 square miles (0.67 km2) is water
According to the United States Census Bureau, Breitung Township has a total area of 68.3 square miles (177 km2), of which, 65.1 square miles (169 km2) of it is land and 3.2 square miles (8.3 km2) of it (4.70%) is water.
- Address: 2000 Pile Drive Kingsford, Mi 49802
- Phone: (906)779-2685
- Website: https://sites.google.com/kingsford.org/woodland-elementary/
- Kingsford Middle School
- Address: 445 Hamilton Ave, Kingsford, MI 49802
- Phone: (906) 779-2680
- Website: http://www.kingsford.org/kmsweb/
- Kingsford High School
- Address: 431 Hamilton Ave, Kingsford, MI 49802
- Phone: (906) 779-2670
- Website: http://www.kingsford.org/khsweb/default.htm
Kingsford – Breitung Township Parks and Recreational Activities
- Gazebo Park
- Phone: (906) 774-3526
- Cowboy Lake Park
- Address: 400 Riverhills Rd, Kingsford, MI 49802
- Phone: (906) 774-9585
- East Kingsford Park
- Phone: (906) 779-2064
Iron Mountain & Kingsford, MI – 4th of July Parade (Highlights)
Kingsford Railroad Bridge in 4K