Sagola Township, Michigan (Dickinson County)
Sagola is on M-95 at the junction where M-69 branches off to the west. Crystal Falls is 13 miles (21 km) west on M-69. M-69 runs concurrently with M-95 south of town about six miles (10 km) to just north of Randville. Sagola is at 46°05′25″N 88°04′39″W. It was formed, when in about 1885, five Chicago men formed the Sagola Lumber Company to harvest pine timber in the area. The name was derived from the local Indian word for “welcome”. A post office was first established there in 1889, and continues today to serve ZIP code 49881.
Real Estate Stats:
- The average residential sale price in the last 5 years was $103,526.
- 60 MLS Residental Sold Listing in the last 5 years.
- Residential properties sold for 92.44% of the listing price.
- The average number of days that residential property was on the market is 238 days.
- Total Population: 1,169
- Median Age: 40 years old
- Total Households: 475
- Median Household Income: $33,333
Much of the township is the Copper Country State Forest. The northwest portion is drained by the Michigamme River. A small portion of the northeast is drained by tributaries of the Escanaba River. The central portion is drained by the Ford River, and the south by the Sturgeon River. According to the United States Census Bureau, the township has a total area of 162.8 square miles (422 km2), of which, 160.3 square miles (415 km2) of it is land and 2.5 square miles (6.5 km2) of it (1.55%) is water.
- North Dickinson Schools
- Address: W6588 M-69, Felch, MI 49831
- Phone: (906) 542-9281
- Website: http://www.myflorence.org/
- Florence Elementary School
- Address: 5844 Bill Anderson Dr
- Phone: (715) 528-3262
- Website: http://www.go-nordics.com/